University of Delaware
The Review is the student published newspaper at the University of Delaware. The digital collection offers a copy of this newspaper up until 2012.
- Conner, W. The First Hundred Years. University of Delaware Alumni News 4 (1934): 5-8.
- Hoffecker, C. Beneath Thy Guiding Hand: A History of Women at the University of Delaware. Newark: University of Delaware, 1994.
- Lewis, W. University of Delaware: Ancestors, Friends, and Neighbors. Delaware Notes 34 (1961): 1-242.
- Munroe, J. The University of Delaware: A History. Newark: University of Delaware, 1986.
- Powell, L. The History of Education in Delaware. Contributions to American Educational History Series. Bureau of Education Circular of Information #3. Washington, D.C.:
- Government Printing Office, 1893.
- Vallandigham, E. Fifty Years of Delaware College, 1870-1920. Newark: Press of Kells, .
- Ward, C. The University of Delaware: A Historical Sketch. Newark: University of Delaware, 1934.
- Cramton, W. and N. Moore. A Forerunner to Delaware College and Its Popular Rejection. Delaware History 12 (1966): 121-146.
- Garrett, J. The Delaware College Lotteries, 1818-1845. Delaware History 7 (1957): 299-318.
- McAnear, B. The Charter of the Academy of Newark. Delaware History 4 (1950): 149-156.
- Morgan, G. The Colonial Origin of Newark Academy. Delaware Notes 8 (1934): 7-30.
- Chance, E. Matthew Wilson Professor, Preacher, Patriot, Physician. Delaware History 10 (1963): 271-284.
- Edmondson, F. Daniel Kirkwood Dean of American Astronomers. Mercury, Journal of the Astronomical Society of the Pacific 29 (2000): 26-33.
- Hoffecker, C. Familiar Relations: The du Ponts and the University of Delaware. Newark: University of Delaware, 2000.
- Horowitz, R. Be Loyal to Your Industry: J. Frank Gordy, Jr., the Cooperative Extension Service, and the Making of a Business Community in the Delmarva Poultry Industry, 1945-1970. Delaware History 27 (1996-1997): 3-18.
- Moyne, E. August Fredrik Soldan: A Finnish Scholar at Delaware College in 1849-1850. Delaware Notes 23 (1950): 83-89.
- Munroe, J. Albert Newton Raub and the Administration of Delaware College, 1888-1896. Delaware Notes 21 (1948): 1-18.
- Munroe, J. From the Past Presidential Profiles. University of Delaware Messenger 6 (1997): 16-19.
- Pears, T. Francis Alison, Colonial Educator. Delaware Notes 17 (1944): 9-22.
- Perkins, J. & R. Bailey. Harry Fletcher Brown: An Essay in Appreciation. Newark: University of Delaware, 1960.
- Quick, R. Murder at Delaware College: The Death of John Edward Roach, March 30, 1858. Delaware Notes 31 (1958): 1-31.
- Ryden, G. The Founding of the University of Delaware and Its First President, Dr. E. W. Gilbert. Delaware Notes 8 (1934): 31-39.
- Taggart, R. Everett C. Johnson (1879-1926): Political Visionary and Eternal Optimist. Delaware History 25 (1993-1994): 215-236.
- Wood, D. H. Rodney Sharp Sr.: An Appreciation. Newark: University of Delaware, 1980.
- Programs and Units
- Able, A. III and W. Lewis. The Library Story (1833-1953). Delaware Notes 26 (1953): 77-91.
- Craven, W. The Winterthur Program in Early American Culture: An Experiment in a Joint-Institutional, Inter-Disciplinary Curriculum. Winterthur Portfolio 1 (1964): 139-149.
- Hoffecker, C. and J. Munroe. Books, Bricks, and Bibliophiles: The University of Delaware Library. Newark: University of Delaware, 1984.
- Robinson, W. History of the Womens College of the University of Delaware, 1914-38. Delaware Notes 20 (1947): 5-69.
- Walton, W. American Girls and French Jeunes Filles: Negotiating National Identities in Interwar France. Gender and History 17 (2005): 325-353.
- Walton, W. Internationalism and the Junior Year Abroad: American Students in France in the 1920s and 1930s. Diplomatic History 29 (2005): 255-278.
- Issues and Topics
- Edirisooriya, G. A Historical Analysis of the State-University Relationship: A Case Study of the University of Delaware, USA. History of Education 32 (2003): 367-383.
- McKay, K. The Debate over ROTC at the University of Delaware, 1920-1940. Delaware History 23 (1989): 227-246.
- Munroe, J. Church vs. State: The Early Struggle for Control of Delaware College. The Fourth College of Arts and Science Distinguished Faculty Lecture. Newark: University of Delaware, 1982.
- Redding, L. Desegregation in Higher Education in Delaware. Journal of Negro Education 27 (1958): 253-259.
- Reed, H. Student Life at Delaware College, 1834-1859. Delaware Notes 8 (1934): 40-74.
- Ryden, G. The Suspension of Delaware College in 1859 and Early but Unsuccessful Attempts at its Reorganization. Delaware Notes 8 (1934): 75-83.
- Woolard, A. Parker v. The University of Delaware: The Desegregation of Higher Education in Delaware. Delaware History 22 (1986): 111-123.